Sungard Availability Services is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust.
Information We Collect About You.
We may collect information directly from you and, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services. You can browse many areas of our Site and use many of our Services without registering with us or providing your name or contact info. However, to access certain Services or content on the Site, we may ask you to register or provide certain information to us. In general, we collect information about you as follows:
- Name, Contact, Registration Info. As noted, in order to access certain information, such as whitepapers or similar documents, we collect name, company name and contact information; we may also ask you for additional info, such as industry. Further, authorized users may be provided log-in credentials through which to access our customer portals; in order to obtain credentials, we may require that you provide your name, email, contact information, company information and other relevant information. If you submit a question or other communication to us, such as via the "Contact Us" page or chat feature of the Site, we will collect your name, email, company name, phone number, country, and any other information you submit as part of your communication.
- Your Activities. If you access our customer portal, we collect information about your activities and actions while logged in. Also, if you post any content to our Site – such as a comment to a blog – we collect information about your post (and this post will be viewable to other visitors to the Site), as well as your name and contact information if you have provided it. We may also ask you to participate in surveys or similar questionnaires. Your participation is voluntary. However, if you choose to participate, we will collect information about your responses, as well as your name, contact information and other information you provide to us. Your choice not to participate in this activity will not make you ineligible to use another feature on our Site.
- Usage and Browsing Information. In addition, in the course of using our site we automatically track certain information about you, via log files, cookies, pixel tags and other technologies. This information includes the URL of the web page that you just came from (whether this URL is on our site or not), which URL you go to next (whether this URL is on our site or not), what browser you are using, your IP address, the number of times you visited Sungard AS' website, which pages you visited and what materials, if any, you downloaded and location information. Please see the section "Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms" below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you through our Site and Services as follows:
- To help us improve our Site and Services.
- To provide you with the products you have requested and to otherwise fulfil your orders.
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To inform you about additional products or services that may be of interest to you, and for other marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may send you emails about products, services or other information that we think may interest you. If you submit your name, phone number and contact information to us in order to receive more information from us, we may call or email you to follow up on your inquiry.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site, Services and business, respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Disclose the Information We Collect
In this section we explain why and with whom we share your personal information:
- Service Providers. Sungard AS may hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending mail and processing event registration. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Partners. Sungard AS may also provide the information we collect via our Site to third-party business partners in delivering webinars on topics relevant to Sungard AS' services.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by, merge with, or enter a joint venture with another company, or if all or substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the new or acquiring company.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content and compile statistics about Site usage. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser "do-not-track" requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets
Our Site and Services may include social media features and widgets, such as the Facebook Like button and the "Share this" button, as well as other interactive mini-programs that run on our Site and Services and enable certain features to work (e.g., blogs and comments). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site or viewing through the Services, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly and for purposes. These features are displayed on our Site, but are hosted by third parties, and are subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
User Generated Content
We may invite you to post content on our Site or Services, including your comments, reviews, pictures, and any other information. If you post such content, all of the information that you post will be available to other users of our Site and Services. Your posting may become public and Sungard AS cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Communications from Us
As noted, we may send you emails about products, services or other information we think may be of interest to you. You may opt out of these emails at any time by sending an email from the email address you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also follow the unsubscribe instructions in any such email we send to you. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional or informational emails from us, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Access to Personal Information
Sungard AS has implemented safeguards on the Site to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. For example, database information is kept separate from live servers and is firewall protected. Please be advised, however, that although Sungard AS has endeavored to create a secure and reliable site for you, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from Sungard AS via the Sungard AS site or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. Sungard AS has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
Third-Party Web Sites
As a convenience to our visitors, Sungard AS' Website may contains links to a number of sites owned and operated by third parties that we believe may offer useful information. The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to those sites. You should check the privacy policies of these individual sites to see how your personal information will be utilized by the operators of those third party web sites.
U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Certification Note
With respect to the personal information we receive from or on behalf of our customers and other persons in Switzerland, Sungard AS complies with the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from Switzerland. Sungard AS has certified that it adheres to the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Please email any comments, questions, or complaints regarding our Safe Harbor compliance to AskASCompliance@sungardas.com. If a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through our internal processes, Sungard AS agrees to cooperate with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC). You may contact the FDPIC at https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/?lang=en.
U.S. – E.U. Privacy Shield Certification
Sungard AS complies with the U.S.-E.U. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information obtained from European Union member countries and transferred to the United States. For information on how we process personal information transferred from the European Union under the Privacy Shield Principles, please see our Privacy Shield Notice.
How to Contact Us
Other Related Documents