Following our latest technology review, we are to replace every PC in 17 of our UK recovery sites to further enhance resilience and availability.
The multi million pound investment will see some 8,500 Dell Optiflex 7040 computers rolled out, resulting in a PC on each shared workplace desk.
Customers subscribing to shared workplace positions will not be charged any incremental fees to benefit from the refresh programme, regardless of the specification of PC reflected in their contract, but will enjoy many benefits including:
- Faster performance with quad core processor
- Solid state drive for faster transfer rate and improved reliability
- Memory capacity doubled
- Standardised technology for ease of use and testing
- Allows seamless rollback to alternative recovery sites - “all that changes is the view from the window”
- Enables Sungard AS to offer competitively priced services
- 20% power saving benefits environment.
The new kit will be carefully phased in on a suite by suite basis during April, May and June this year, ensuring customers do not experience any reduction in service capability.
This is the latest in a string of investments Sungard AS has made in its recovery estate including the new Mansell Street recovery centre in Central London, expansion of our Ireland data centre and opening of our fourth offshore location in Bangalore, India.
If you have any questions on PC Refresh Programme, please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org