Our innovative Recovery Execution System (RES) has been judged Winner in the BCI Continuity and Resilience Innovation category of the BCI India Awards. The judges recognised the ground-breaking nature of RES, which offers end-to-end automation and 'touch-free' execution of all infrastructure and application recovery procedures across hybrid IT systems. We congratulate Kaushik Ray, our VP of Global Architecture and Customer Engineering, and all the members of the Sungard Availability Services team involved in its development.
But while we are delighted with this external endorsement, industry awards are, of course, about far more than bragging rights or a night out. They are tangible recognition that a company is on the right track - an independent endorsement that it is offering products or services that customers want and, in the judges’ opinion, doing it better than their peers. That’s why, as in previous years, Sungard Availability Services is proud to have been honoured with a number of accolades across North America, Europe and India during 2016 including:
- Gold award in the Employer of the Year – Computer Services category of the ‘Stevies’.
- Gold in the ‘IT Executive of the Year’ category of the ‘Stevie’® International Business Awards 2016 (‘the Stevies’) went to Kaushik Ray for his role in the development of RES, which the judges said has “completely transformed our industry and brought truly remarkable results.”
- Silver award for ‘Best New Product or Service of the Year, Software – Cloud Storage & Backup Solution’ in the Stevies for our Cloud-based Recovery for AWS. Judges highlighted the solution’s innovation in storage replication, off-site storage and automated recovery of protected workloads, noting that they bring “tremendous value” to customers.
- Best Continuity and Resilience Provider (Service/Product) 2016 in the respected BCI European Awards for our continued efforts to promote the resilience message through ‘Education, Good Practice and Events Publications’.
- Finalist – BCI European Awards in two categories for Recovery as a Service.
- Finalist – Recovery of the Year in the BCI India Awards in recognition of our ability to keep customers running throughout devastating floods in Chennai, India.
- Finalist - Continuity and Resilience Provider (Service/Product) – BCI India Awards 2016.
- Highly Commended in the hotly contested Most Effective Recovery of the Year category of the 2016 CIR Business Continuity Awards for our unwavering support for customers throughout India’s heaviest rainfall in over 100 years.
- A Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for BCM Planning Software* worldwide for the second year in a row with AssuranceCM. We were positioned above the 14 other providers evaluated for our ‘ability to execute’ – providing BCMP software that meets customer requirements with a high level of service and customer support. Other criteria included completeness of vision based not just on the provider’s assessment of the current market but also its anticipation of expected market and technology changes.
- A Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS).
*About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.