Fifty-one years ago, in mid-March 1967, Paul McCartney and John Lennon began writing a song they intended as a featured vocal for Beatles drummer Ringo Starr. “With a Little Help from My Friends” became one of Starr’s most beloved hits, and since then he has closed every concert performed by his All-Starr Band with this song. “With a Little Help from My Friends” has been re-recorded by more than 50 artists (including a Grammy Hall of Fame-winning version by Joe Cocker, used in a VW ad in 2017) and ranks as #311 on Rolling Stone’s list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. Today, Sungard AS took a page out of Sir Ringo’s playbook and recognised seven of its partners with the annual Sungard AS Partner Performance Awards.
Why is “With a Little Help from My Friends” still popular today? There’s no real explanation, other than the fact that it’s simple, easy to sing, and reflects something we all can relate to: friends can be relied upon when we need them. And we all need them.
Each year, Sungard AS recognises partners globally that have excelled at both execution and customer service, while helping customers solve IT transformation problems so they can accelerate business.
This year’s recipients are:
- Softchoice: North America Partner of the Year: One of Sungard AS’ fastest-growing partners with continued year-over-year growth, Softchoice was responsible for driving new business across the Sungard AS portfolio of Disaster Recovery, Application Cloud and Hosted Private Cloud solutions in 2017.
- Dell EMC: Alliance Partner of the Year: Together, Sungard AS and Dell EMC executed on a joint go-to-market (GTM) plan delivering market-differentiated cloud and ‘as-a-service’ production and recovery solutions to customers in 2017. Building on the strength of their strategic partnership and the success of their joint GTM plan, Sungard AS and Dell EMC recently expanded a strategic partnership announcing a Hosted Private Cloud solution based on Dell EMC storage and compute (see announcement).
- HCL Technologies: Outsourcing Partner of the Year: HCL successfully integrated Sungard AS solutions into its next-generation outsourcing engagements, which support complex hybrid cloud-based national and multinational enterprises. HCL, a Sungard AS partner for more than 13 years, integrates Sungard AS’ Managed Recovery Programme, Workgroup, Mobile Recovery, Security, Hosted Private Cloud and Managed Hosting solutions.
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS): Breakout Technology Alliance Partner of the Year: In 2017, Sungard AS and AWS executed a joint GTM plan to launch Sungard AS Cloud Recovery for AWS, an enterprise-class, service level agreement (SLA)-backed, Managed Recovery Service leveraging the cost efficiency and infrastructure flexibility of AWS. Together, Sungard AS and AWS can address the resiliency needs of customers as they move their workloads to the cloud.
- Bridgepointe Technologies: Regional Partner of the Year (West): An IT and telecom strategy firm headquartered in Silicon Valley, Bridgepointe has been a key partner for Sungard AS in the U.S. West for the last several years, helping solve customers’ complex IT transformation challenges. Bridgepointe delivered 20 percent year-over-year revenue growth in 2017.
- Illumiti: Regional Partner of the Year (Canada): As a SAP systems integrator and consulting partner, Illumiti drove strong, incremental revenue growth of Sungard AS’ application cloud services within their client base in 2017.
- Iron Bow Technologies: Regional Partner of the Year (East): As Sungard AS’ partner in the U.S. East, Iron Bow distinguished itself through a strong commitment to training, enablement and GTM activities, which led to accelerated pipeline growth and opportunity discovery last year.
As trusted advisors to their clients, authorised channel partners incorporate Sungard AS solutions into their portfolio of hardware, software and professional services to satisfy customer business and IT requirements. From technology partners to solution providers, Sungard AS' partnerships offer customers a broad array of production and recovery services along with value-added consultation.
Sungard AS and its ecosystem of partners are committed to supporting customers as they embark on their digital journeys. The goal is to help customers implement cloud strategies that are aligned to business and application requirements, both today and over the long-term.
With partners like these, Sungard AS does far more than “get by” – it thrives and succeeds, as do its partners. That’s something to sing about.