Today, we are comfortable running numerous aspects of our lives online, from shopping and downloading music to booking holidays and banking because it enables us to do what we want, quickly and simply, at any time of the day or night. And, of course, we expect the same convenience in our working lives. With this in mind, Sungard Availability Services has introduced some changes to its Managed Services portal – ‘Viewpoint’ - that allows you to find all the information you need to manage your IT environment and action requests around the clock.
Viewpoint retrieves data from our numerous systems to provide you with a comprehensive view for monitoring and managing your environment. It puts you in control by giving you:
- Efficient and self-explanatory means to check security clearance for granting access and the ability to both administer these where applicable and raise temporary access for your staff and trusted supplier network.
- Simple and secure access to important data about your Sungard AS hosted and managed assets.
- Deep analytic views of your monitored devices, including network, servers, and storage area
- Real-time and historical event views for reviewing forensic data and analysing past activities.
- Performance data views, including real-time and historical data.
- Various reporting options for on-demand, or scheduled, delivery.
For instance, instead of raising a ticket or sending an email request for access, you can simply make requests yourself via the portal and receive an immediate system confirmation. However, as a safeguard and for your peace of mind, Secure Site Access in the UK incorporates a 24-hour time restriction to allow one of Sungard AS’ experts to review and veto a request if it will harm your environment.
In the event of emergency access (where less than 24 hours’ notice is given) these requests can still be arranged in the traditional way using the Global Service Desk or nominated Service Management Team.
We strive to ensure the portal is easy to use, whatever the device, so it is optimised for use on tablets, mobile-friendly and compatible with the latest browser releases. Currently, optimal browsers include:
- Chrome™ in the Windows®, Macintosh®, and Linux environments
- Mozilla Firefox® in the Windows®, Macintosh®, and Linux environments
- Internet Explorer® 10 in the Windows® environment
- Safari® in the Macintosh® environment
We anticipate the ability to request access to the major Sungard AS data centre sites globally and also to keep your Authorisation Matrix up-to-date - both tasks that can be performed quickly and easily through Viewpoint - will prove highly popular.
We will be running a series of easy-to-follow tutorials and quick guides to assist customers through the portal and the most commonly used tasks but are always on-hand to help. If you would like training in the use of Viewpoint or have any queries on performing a particular task, please contact the Service Desk on 0800 279 9166