London, United Kingdom: 23rd June 2017 – Sungard Availability Services ® (Sungard AS), a leading provider of information availability through managed IT, cloud and recovery services, will be advising organisations how to manage complex hybrid IT estates at this year’s Public Sector Show* being held Tuesday 27 June at ExCel, London.
The government has publicly committed to changing the way it does business to “deliver public services effectively and at speed”, in response to increasing demand and expectations. However, Ben Gummer MP, former Minister for the Cabinet Office and Paymaster General 2016-2017, stated that “government has been slow to use the transformative potential of digital technology to change the way it does business.”
At this year’s show Keith Tilley, EVP & Vice-Chair at Sungard Availability Services, will be discussing the challenges facing digital transformation in the public sector. Further details below:
Enabling Government to deliver digital transformation – Tuesday 27th June 2017, 13:32-13:45
In his session Keith Tilley will be discussing:
- Sungard AS’ experience partnering with government departments, local authorities, housing associations and other public-sector organisations to successfully transform the IT infrastructure on which their public services depend
- Supporting organisations in finding innovative ways of working and embarking on digital transformation projects in line with spending cuts and growing populations
- Improving organisational resilience and supporting the sector to achieve ‘cloud first’ ambitions with tailored, government-approved cloud services
- Enabling customers to move to a secure, cloud-based infrastructure and now enjoy high levels of resilience, availability and flexibility for the services they deliver at transparent, realistic costs.
“The public sector faces a huge challenge with hybrid IT infrastructure models. It is essential to have inbuilt resilience to maintain robust security and constant availability of services – whether running across digital or legacy IT platforms. Citizens are increasingly demanding more from their services, and rightly so. But with the IT landscape becoming more complex and legacy IT potentially holding back innovation, the road to digital transformation in the public sector isn’t straightforward. Without a datacentre strategy that can support both old and new IT functions, local governments will fail to meet their ‘digital by default’ ambitions. We are delighted to be here at the Public Sector Show to listen to these concerns and share our best practice examples of organisations enjoying success on their digital transformation journey.”
— Keith Tilley, EVP & Vice-Chair, Sungard AS
Sungard AS experts will be on hand throughout the Public Sector show at stand 342. The company’s attendance at the show follows hot on the heels of its recent acceptance onto the UK Government’s G-Cloud 9 and Digital Outcomes and Specialists 2 frameworks.
* The Public Sector Show is the UK’s largest free-to-attend exhibition for local authorities, central government and the wider public sector. More than 2,000 visitors are expected and the show is designed to showcase best practice case studies, share updates on key policy announcements from senior leaders, and discuss new solutions for delivering better public services.
The abbreviation for Sungard Availability Services is ‘Sungard AS’ as cited above. Please use ‘Sungard AS’ when abbreviating the name rather than ‘Sungard’ or ‘SunGard,’ which may confuse the reader with another separate company with a similar name.
About Sungard Availability Services:
Sungard Availability Services ("Sungard AS") is a leading provider of critical production and recovery services to global enterprise companies. Sungard AS partners with customers across the globe to understand their business needs and provide production and recovery services tailored to help them achieve their desired business outcomes. Leveraging more than 40 years of experience, Sungard AS designs, builds and runs critical IT services that help customers manage complex IT, adapt quickly and build resiliency and availability. To learn more, visit www.sungardas.co.uk or call 08082388080. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Tel: 0207 592 1200
Sungard Availability Services
Representing techUK (formerly Intellect), the trade association, Sungard AS helped define ISO 27036 – the IT standard relating to information security in supplier relationships (including cloud services) as a member of SC27. Previously in a similar arrangement, Sungard AS helped develop both business continuity management standard BS 25999, now ISO 22301 and IT continuity management standard ISO 27031. Within the UK, Sungard AS became the first business continuity provider to secure certification against the BS 25999 Standard, which it retained in 2010. Sungard AS is also certified to ISO 27001 and ISO 9001, and compliant with IGSoC, PCI DSS and ISAE3402.
Sungard Availability Services is a trademark or registered trademark of SunGard Data Systems or its affiliate, used under license. The Sungard Availability Services logo by itself is a trademark or registered trademark of Sungard Availability Services Capital, Inc. or its affiliate. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.