Sungard Availability Services is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust.
This website (the “Site”) and the services available through this Site (the “Services”) are operated by Sungard Availability Services (herein “Sungard AS,” “we” or “us”). See the “Data Controller” section below for more information about the data controller of the personal information collected through the Site.
Information We Collect About You
Depending on the circumstances, we may collect and hold a range of different information about you, and we may collect this information directly from you as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services. You can browse many areas of our Site and use many of our Services without registering with us or providing us your name or contact info. However, to access certain Services or content on the Site, we may ask you to register or provide certain information to us; your failure to provide any required information may result in our not being able to satisfy your request. In general, we collect information about you as follows:
- Information We Collect Directly. For you to access certain information, such as whitepapers or similar documents, we collect your name, company name and contact information; we may also ask you for additional information, such as industry. Further, authorized users may be provided log-in credentials through which to access our customer portals. To obtain credentials, we may require that you provide your name, email, contact information, company information and other relevant information. If you submit a question or other communication to us, such as via the “Contact Us” page or chat feature of the Site, we will collect you name, email, company name, phone number, country, and any other information you submit as part of your communication. For example, if you submit a Call Me request or a Contact Form we will ask you to give us enough information to enable us to respond to your request. If you are enquiring on behalf of your company about our products or services, we will also ask you to provide us with your company’s name and address, and your job title.
- Your Activities. If you access our customer portal, we collect information about your activities and actions while logged in. Also, if you post any content to our Site – such as a comment to a blog – we collect information about your post (and this post will be viewable to other visitors to the Site), as well as your name and contact information if you have provided it. We may also ask you to participate in surveys or similar questionnaires. Your participation is voluntary. However, if you choose to participate, we will collect information about your responses, as well as your name, contact information and other information you provide to us. Your choice not to participate in this activity will not make you ineligible to use another feature on our Site.
- Usage and Browsing Information. In addition, while using our Site we automatically track certain information about you, via log files, cookies, pixel tags and other technologies. This information includes the URL of the web page that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Site or not), which URL you go to next (whether this URL is on our Site or not), what browser you are using, your IP address, the number of times you visited this Site, which pages you visited and what materials, if any, you downloaded, and location information. Please see the section “Cookies and Tracking” below for more information.
Cookies and Tracking
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information you provide to us to respond to your enquiry (information from cookies is used as described above), as well as for the purposes described below:
- To provide you with the information or products you have requested and to otherwise fulfil your requests. For example, if you submit your name, phone number and contact information to us to receive more information from us, we may call or email you to follow up on your inquiry.
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services, and for other customer service purposes.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve our Site, Services and business, respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- If authorized by applicable laws or where you have agreed to receive additional communications from us, we and our Sungard affiliates may send you emails and other communications to inform you about products or services that may be of interest to you, and for other marketing and promotional purposes.
We take reasonable care regarding the sensitivity of the data and the risks of the processing activities, to keep any information provided to us secure and to prevent any unauthorised access to, or alteration, damage or use of it.
How We Disclose the Information We Collect
Your information is not sold to or shared with unaffiliated third parties for their independent marketing purposes. However, we may disclose certain information to certain third parties, for the reasons explained in this section:
Service Providers. Sungard AS may hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending mail and processing event registration. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries (including any company that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us); however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you, to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by, merge with, or enter a joint venture with another company, or if all or substantially all our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the new or acquiring company.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate and de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
We retain your personal data for so long as is necessary regarding the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise lawfully processed, or for so long as may be necessary considering our legal obligations.
User Generated Content
As noted, we may invite you to post content on our Site or Services, including your comments, reviews, pictures, and any other information. If you post such content, all the information that you post will be available to other users of our Site and Services. Your posting may become public and Sungard AS cannot prevent such information from being used by third parties in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy. If you would like to have your comments or other content removed from this Site, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below.
Communications from Us
We and our affiliates may send you emails and other marketing communications about products, services or other information we think may be of interest to you, where permitted under applicable law. You may opt out of these emails at any time by sending an email from the email address you wish to unsubscribe, clicking on an unsubscribe link, or following the instructions contained in any of our marketing emails. You may also opt out at any time by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below, requesting that we opt you out of marketing communications.
All the information that we collect from you may be transferred to, processed in, and stored in, jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and India, including the United States and other jurisdictions, where it may be processed by staff who work for us, our affiliates, or our suppliers. These jurisdictions in which your information may be processed, may not have an equivalent level of data protection laws as those in your jurisdiction. By submitting your information or continuing to browse the Site, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your personal data. Sungard AS will take reasonable steps (including, where necessary, by executing a data transfer agreement) to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
US-EU Privacy Shield Certification
AS complies with the U.S.-E.U. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information obtained from European Union member countries and transferred to the United States. For information on how we process personal information transferred from the European Union under the Privacy Shield Principles, please see our Privacy Shield Notice.
US-Swiss Safe Harbor Program
With respect to the personal information we receive from or on behalf of our customers and other persons in Switzerland, Sungard AS complies with the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from Switzerland. Sungard AS has certified that it adheres to the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Please email any comments, questions, or complaints regarding our Safe Harbor compliance to
email@example.com. If a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through our internal processes, Sungard AS agrees to cooperate with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC). You may contact the FDPIC at https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/?lang=en.
We have taken reasonable steps, regarding the sensitivity of personal data and the risks of the processing activities, to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. We deploy appropriate technical and organisational security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration, damage or loss of your personal data, once we have received it. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted through our Site.
Right to Access, Correct and Delete your Personal Data
You have rights under applicable data protection law to access the personal data we hold about you, to request that we update, correct or delete any inaccuracies in your personal data, and to request that we cease any processing that is causing you harm by sending a written request with an explanation of your request to the following address: Sungard Availability Services, Marketing Department, Heathrow Corporate Park, Green Lane, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW4 6ER or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require you to provide verification of your identity and to pay a reasonable fee (to the extent permitted by law) to for a copy of the personal data that we hold. Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your personal data where we have the right to do so under current data protection legislation, for example, where disclosing such data may reveal the identity of a third party.
Updating your Information
In the event there is a change to any information that you provide to us, you are responsible for notifying us of this change. You may do this by writing Sungard Availability Services, Marketing Department, Heathrow Corporate Park, Green Lane, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW4 6ER or by e-mailing email@example.com. And providing a clear explanation of the information you would like to update. You may ask us to make changes to the information held about you at any time to ensure that it is accurate and up to date.
We may change this Policy from time to time and the updated Policy will apply to all your information held by us at the time. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will put a notice on our home page.
If you have any queries about this Policy, would like to access or update your information, opt-out of marketing communications from us, or contact us about this Policy or our privacy practices, you may do so by submitting your request in writing to us at the following address: Sungard Availability Services, Marketing Department, Heathrow Corporate Park, Green Lane, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW4 6ER or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Controller Information
The data controllers for the personal data collect by Sungard through EU and India Sites are as follows:
- http://www.sungardas.com/be/ (Belgium) – Sungard Availability Services (Belgium) NV [De Kleetlaan 12b 1831 Diegem Belgium.
- http://www.sungardas.com/fr/ (France) – Sungard Availability Services (France) S.A 93, cours des Petites Ecuries, 77185 Lognes, France.
- http://www.sungardas.com/en-in/ (India) – Sungard Availability Services (India) Private Limited 2nd Floor, Wing 4, Cluster D, MIDC Kharadi Knowledge Park, Pune-411014, India.
- http://www.sungardas.com/en-IE/ (Ireland) – Sungard Availability Services (Ireland) Limited Unit 5 Beckett Way Park, West Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12, Ireland.
- http://www.sungardas.com/lu/ (Luxembourg) – Sungard Availability Services (Luxembourg) SA 6, Parc Syrdall, L-5365 Münsbach, Luxembourg.
- http://www.sungardas.com/sv/ (Sweden) – Sungard Availability Services (Nordic) AB Sandhamnsgatan 63, Box 27 157, 102 52 Stockholm.
- http://www.sungardas.com/en-GB/ (UK) – Sungard Availability Services (UK) Limited (company number: 02368123), with registered office at Heathrow Corporate Park, Green Lane, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW4 6ER.