For 50 years, young families have turned to Gerber Life as a trusted source for life insurance and related offerings. The business has grown steadily over the years, along with its corresponding technology requirements. The IT environment—once primarily on a mainframe—now encompasses a distributed infrastructure running dozens of critical applications, powering interactions and digital transactions with customers and agents.
Gerber Life recognised the need for a contemporary disaster recovery approach for this distributed infrastructure, and turned to the Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) Managed Recovery Program, which now provides the people, processes and infrastructure needed to recover critical applications and quickly restore business operations.
- Fast recovery, reduced risk for business-critical applications
- Fully managed DR solution minimises demands on internal staff
- Predictable recovery costs for a more responsive and effective DR framework
- Production and recovery environments in better sync for improved
- DR testing to achieve 24-hour Recovery Time Objective (RTO)
“We turned to Sungard AS, which made implementing a new path to DR easier to accomplish than we expected. When they say ‘managed service,’ they mean managing the whole process, from top to bottom, and they continue to maintain it with the same level of attention to detail and rigor as in the initial implementation.”
Eric Bulis, Senior Vice President of Operations and CIO
Gerber Life Insurance Company