Hibernia College is an internationally accredited, global provider of high quality education programmes based in Ireland and the UK. The College is a recognised world leader in online content development and delivery based on a blended learning format which combines interactive, multimedia-rich online content with face-toface tuition through periodic on-site sessions.
The college's average completion rate is in excess of 95%. Annually they qualify approximately 40% of all teachers in Ireland and are the largest provider of Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) programmes for teachers in the UK. In Health Sciences the College’s attained the PrarmaTrain IMI Centre of Excellence status which recognises that students on its M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Medicine receive the highest quality education available in medicines development As the college has grown it recognised it needed more than a reliable hosting provider but an expert technology partner with a robust, resilient infrastructure and the proven capability to provide support around-the-clock.
Ireland's only government-accredited e-learning college provides post-graduate programmes for teaching professionals and others, delivering course content through online tutorials supplemented by practical classroom experience. With more than 8,000 students in 76 countries worldwide relying on Hibernia College’s award-winning blended learning programmes every year, its IT cannot fail.
- Managed multi-tenanted cloud services.
- Benefits High levels of availability, backed by service guarantees
- Flexibility to manage sudden bursts in demand
- Resilient IT environment is a differentiator when competing for students
- Fully redundant infrastructure provides instant failover in the event of server failure
- Robust backup and recovery solution gives reassurance that no data will ever be lost
- Continuous data protection
- Supports Hibernia College’s business proposition of quality teaching and affordable fees
- Frees the in-house team to focus on application development rather than infrastructure management.
Why Sungard AS?
"We were moving into a different phase of our development and needed a more collaborative relationship with our hosting provider instead of a purely transactional one," explains Rob O’Neill, Head of IT for Hibernia College. "We wanted a technology partner who would guide us through the process of instituting tighter controls around security, policy and procedures and Sungard AS was able to help us establish this way of working."
- Sungard AS partners with you to understand your unique business needs and provide production and recovery services tailored to help you achieve your business outcomes.
- We apply our deep expertise and experience in recovery to design, build and run production environments that are more resilient and available.
- We will work alongside you to deliver the right environments to meet your needs quickly, flexibly, and cost-effectively.