In every data recovery situation, whether it’s an IT disaster event or a ransomware attack, there’s a strong likelihood that some data won’t be recovered. What are you supposed to do about that data?
In this episode of IT Availability Now, John Beattie, Principal Consultant at Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) examines both disaster recovery (DR) scenarios and cyberattacks and delves into the best practices and strategies for recreating non-recovered data. Listen to the full episode to learn:
- Why not all data will be recovered in a data recovery scenario
- How traditional business continuity plans approach lost data
- How to recreate un-recovered data during DR and cyber-compromised data recovery efforts – and why they require two separate strategies
- What steps business can take to tackle the data loss gap
- Ways companies can secure their most vital data
Brian Fawcett is a Senior Manager of Global Sales Engagement at Sungard AS. With over 15 years of experience in a range of industries, he specialises in forming enterprise-wide global talent and learning development programs. Brian has enriched corporate learning culture by matching organisational vision and core values to curricula, leading to application and impact.
As a Principal Consultant at Sungard AS, John Beattie works closely with organisations to implement third party risk management programs, and reduce operational risk by establishing new business continuity and disaster recovery programs or transforming existing ones to improve effectiveness.