All organizations face unexpected disruptions to their business and IT operations. Whether brought on by disaster or a new market opportunity, change can make you rethink your approach to risk.
You can minimize risk and adapt to disruptive events by embedding resiliency into and across your environment—making your business and IT operations more available, safe and agile.
As a leader in resilient and recoverable IT, we leverage our experience across a range of IT landscapes—hybrid cloud, legacy or something in-between—to help you achieve these essential elements of resilience to keep business operations moving forward. In fact, we are the only provider that offers SLA-backed services across a hybrid environment.
The essential elements of resilient and recoverable IT
Ensure core processes, applications and infrastructures are resilient and recoverable for continuous business operations.
- Maximize availability with a range of highly resilient managed cloud services, featuring Managed Cloud-AWS.
- Boost recovery readiness with business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
- Tap into enterprise-class data centers for built-in redundancy and 24/7 availability with our managed services and colocation offerings.
- Learn how our IT resilience consultants can help you get started with IT consulting services and IT disaster recovery consulting services.
Case Study: Unitil energizes business continuity for greater resilience
Through its work with Sungard AS, Unitil gained BC plans for 19 business units and a DR plan for IT operations, each essential to achieving its overarching goal—to encompass all the discrete BC deliverables into a holistic, company-wide business resilience mission.
We looked at several third-party consultants and Sungard AS was the one that stood out. They demonstrated both the business continuity and disaster recovery expertise we needed.
Balance the need for data and application access with security and regulatory requirements amidst growing threats.
- Meet compliance and security requirements with a range of managed cloud services.
- Fortify data protection and minimize disruption with business continuity and disaster recovery solutions, featuring our Managed Recovery Program.
- Leverage a global network of data centers for the managed services and colocation options you need to ensure compliance and enhance security.
- Learn how to improve protection with our information security consulting services.
Case Study: Gerber Life Insurance gains resiliency on a budget
Gerber Life recognized the need for a contemporary disaster recovery approach for its distributed infrastructure and turned to the Sungard AS Managed Recovery Program, which now provides the people, processes and infrastructure needed to recover critical applications and quickly restore business operations.
We turned to Sungard AS, which made implementing a new path to DR easier to accomplish than we expected. When they say ‘managed service,’ they mean managing the whole process, from top to bottom, and they continue to maintain it with the same level of attention to detail and rigor as in the initial implementation.
Leverage hybrid IT to align the right applications with the right platforms to minimize complexity, maximize efficiency and be ready for change.
- Adapt to sudden changes and roll out new solutions faster with the rapid scalability of managed cloud resources.
- Choose how, when and where you recover with business continuity and disaster recovery solutions, featuring Cloud Recovery-AWS.
- Grow with expansion-ready, as-a-service alternatives to building and managing your own IT infrastructure with our managed services and colocation options.
- Leverage our expertise to integrate cloud and legacy environments with cloud and infrastructure consulting services.
Case Study: IT transformation helps Menzies' global expansion plans take flight
As a company that services 300 airlines, has customers at 140 airports worldwide, handles 1.2 million aircraft movements a year and 1.7 million tons of cargo, Menzies supplies almost half the UK's retailers and understands the importance of meeting deadlines. Failure at any point would mean planes that don't take off on time and empty store shelves.
Menzies is a genuinely 24/7 business. For us, it's not just a few computers data processing overnight but operations all around the world going at full tilt. When everyone is sleeping here in the UK, our teams in Australia and the West Coast of America are still working and the UK distribution business is at its peak.