At one time, Aflac managed its investments with separate organizations in Japan and the US, each with their own computing infrastructures. But when the financial crisis hit, the company formed Aflac Global Investments (AGI) to consolidate investment management and systems into a single organization and platform.
A team from Sungard Availability Services® (Sungard AS) worked with Aflac Global Investments to configure and deploy a tailored cloud solution spanning two Sungard AS data centers. The infrastructure supports AGI’s business-critical applications and meets stringent requirements for security, availability and disaster recovery.
- Cloud assures cost-effcient IT, while tailored infrastructure and management processes support unique business requirements
- Cloud-based production applications support 24x7 global investment operations
- Aggressive recovery time objective (RTO) tested and confirmed for disaster recovery
- Security measures deployed to meet Aflac corporate guidelines
- Accelerated patching schedule for infrastructure protection
“Sungard AS gave us a tailor-made environment with the cost advantages of a public cloud. They customized the infrastructure and their processes to support our specific business requirements.”
Director, Global Investments Technology