The London Borough of Enfield is twelve miles from the centre of London, has around 2,500 employees, and provides vital services to a population of some 324,500. The Labour-controlled council needs to save £56m by 2020 following government funding cuts and necessity is driving innovation.
- Lower IT running costs - Predicted headline cost-savings of 30% plus efficiency gains
- More predictable IT infrastructure spend by moving it from the CapEx to OpEx budget
- Greatly enhanced IT availability, flexibility and scalability
- Improved cost-effectiveness - The council pays only for services actually used
- Eliminates the burden of infrastructure management freeing up in-house resources
- Highly available and secure, SLA-backed levels of uptime give the council peace of mind
Enfield Council partners with Sungard Availability Services to transform its IT – Fast!
When the London Borough of Enfield’s outsourcing agreement with a third party provider was coming to an end, the local authority saw it as an opportunity to grasp the flexibility and cost-savings achievable through exploiting cloud technologies.